Monday, October 08, 2012
The Columbus Day Tradition Continues
Last year, I made quite a big deal out of Columbus Day. This year, the kids wanted to do it again (go figure). I threw together cupcakes before we left for Burke Nursery's "Pumpkin Playground." It was not quite as idyllic as last year. For one thing, I didn't go all Martha Stewart on the kids this time. Which is probably good. But Burke Nursery now charges quite a lot for its rather simplistic little festival. We went with lots of friends from the neighborhood, which made it fun, but it was very chilly and muddy. So after about an hour and a half, Caroline was D.O.N.E. done. At least there were no major injuries this year. So we picked up lunch and came home to decorate cupcakes. Now Chase is camped out in front of SportsCenter, the little ones are in giant bubble baths, and we're all hung over on sugar. Looking forward to football practice in the forty-something degree weather later tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment