Monday, October 10, 2011

The FALL (and I don't mean autumn this time)

If you look closely and follow these pictures in succession, you'll see (a) Cole pushing this merry-go-round with Chase and Logan as Ian rides with the other kids, (b) Cole hitting the ground, and (c) Cole exiting stage right in tears. I was standing about 20 yards away snapping pictures, while also looking over my shoulder at Caroline playing elsewhere. In a split second, Cole was down and crying - I'm guessing Logan had to think quickly and hop over him. See the heavy-set woman in orange? She kept hovering over me as I wiped away blood and applied bandages, clicking her tongue and lecturing me in broken English. At one point she said, "I told them they shouldn't be running." I was like, REALLY?? Finally, he stopped crying; I was giving him snuggles and trying hard not to pop the orange woman, when she leaned down and smiled at Cole and said, "I TOLD YOU!" I tell you, if my in-laws hadn't been there to witness it, I probably would have made a pretty nasty scene.


No comments: