Friday, October 19, 2012
No Problem Staying in the Picture
You know that mommy blog post that went viral a few weeks ago? I received it by email, by Facebook, it was even referenced on the blog of the woman from our church who lost her son in a flood last year. The thing is, I didn't really identify with it. I used to. But now I have my very own paparazzi. A cerebral six-year old who is obsessed with two things: monsters and my iPhone. Almost every time I check my pictures, I find pictures and videos of either him or me - that I did not take. I'd like to tell you that it's because he loves me so much (and I do believe he does love me the most - the other two will definitely desert me in my old age, and it will be Coley that takes care of his blind mother). But the real reason he does it is to change me into monsters. He takes pictures of me, or surreptitiously videotapes me, then edits them. And the results are always HORRIBLE. Either because he's made me look dreadful, or caught me with my belly sticking out, or worse, caught me snapping at one of the other kids or nagging my husband. So I usually delete them. I also learned to closely watch our YouTube account, because one day I got an anonymous comment via email that said "Sweet Channel." Perplexed, I logged onto YouTube, only to find a video of a buxom woman (clothed, thank God), with Chase and Cole's faces superimposed over her breasts, and the breasts were saying "HI! We're talking boobies!" Good stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment