Today. I did make it to the grocery store. I haven't made it to the laundry room. But I played "beach camp out" with Cole. And then we took a nap together on the sofa, with the sun shining in on us from the window. Technically an unproductive day, but I know, I already know that ten, fifteen years from now, I'll yearn for one of those curled-up-with-my-boy sofa naps so badly it will ache. I can't believe I get to stay home and do this. I can't believe I am so blessed with three perfect children, and a husband who loves us so much, who works so hard so I can do this. Of course, I don't dare tell him, lest he call me out next time he walks in the door and I moan and groan about how hard it was to put up with whiny voices and clingy children, brotherly spats and messy bottoms. What a bonehead I can be.
Thursday, March 04, 2010
A Day Wasted?
Today. I did make it to the grocery store. I haven't made it to the laundry room. But I played "beach camp out" with Cole. And then we took a nap together on the sofa, with the sun shining in on us from the window. Technically an unproductive day, but I know, I already know that ten, fifteen years from now, I'll yearn for one of those curled-up-with-my-boy sofa naps so badly it will ache. I can't believe I get to stay home and do this. I can't believe I am so blessed with three perfect children, and a husband who loves us so much, who works so hard so I can do this. Of course, I don't dare tell him, lest he call me out next time he walks in the door and I moan and groan about how hard it was to put up with whiny voices and clingy children, brotherly spats and messy bottoms. What a bonehead I can be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment