Princess Leia
January 2008 - March 25, 2010
Alright, since Ashley is not the first to ask what happened . . .
If you must know, I have sort of been waiting for the old girl to give up the ghost. She was about 6 months past due, and . . . well, once Caroline arrived, Leia fell to the bottom of my priority list. She lived under my bathroom vanity. I did cry last Fall when she almost died from my gross neglect . . . I accidentally forgot to feed her for two weeks. She was literally unconscious. I hand fed and watered her back to consciousness and, no lie, PRAYED. For a HAMSTER. All night long. She bounced back. And lived a solid six months beyond expectations. This time, she died from good ol' old age (plenty of food in her cage, and she was FAT). I found her after the kids' bed time. Tim looked at me in horror as I said, "Oh well, at least it's garbage day tomorrow!" then double bagged her and set her out on the curb. What? My priorities have changed a little, what can I say. But Chase was definitely sad when I told him the next morning. I did NOT say to him, "Honey, you can say goodbye - just look out the family room window at the black bag on the curb!"
2 comments:
Oh no!!! What happened? (Of course, I have no idea what the life expectancy of a hamster is supposed to be . . .) How is everyone taking it?
ROLLING on the floor laughing at this! Our priorities do change, don't they??
Post a Comment