Saturday, March 06, 2010

The Perfect Mother



A Friday, mid-morning. Let's make pretzels! I look up the recipe on Cooks.com, and we get to work. I'm feeling very Creative Hands-On Mom. No TV for us, oh no, we're having quality time! I get out the camera to record my perfect parenting skills for all of mankind. Caroline wakes up just as they're coming out of the oven and we all feast. The thing is, I did a separate batch of pretzels that had an egg wash. And I thought I was careful. But apparently not careful enough. Because as soon as we finished our little snack, Cole got That Look on his face. And said, "Mommy. I think I'm allergic to this." And ran into the powder room and lost all his perfect little pretzels. And his breakfast. You're the BEST, Mom! Oh, and to just really secure my Mother of the Year award, that same night I announced to my family that I Was Never Cooking Dinner For Them Again (after a week of frustrating dinner experiences that I won't bore you with and that do not excuse my outburst). Is that productive or what? Loving. Selfless. Setting a good example. Effective parenting all around. Don't you just wish you could be as perfect as ME?

No comments: