Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mommy. You and me are going into the TV. And kill them. aka The Little Ways They Love Us.

I love the song "Why Winter is Fun" on the channel formerly known as Noggin (I hate calling it Nick Junior). Whenever it comes on during Cole's "rest time", he comes tearing into the kitchen to let me know. He pauses the TV to let me catch every second of it. He clears a spot on the couch for me. Today it came on - but it turns out it was just a lead-in to some upcoming winter specials. I said, "Oh. That's so annoying. They tricked us." It was quiet for about ten seconds as Cole stared at the TV. Then he said stoically, "Mommy. You and me are going into the TV. And kill them." I know I should have been horrified. But instead I was deeply touched.

No comments: