It's January. Post-holiday business as usual. I am officially ready for spring, but I wouldn't mind one more really big fun snowstorm like the one we had in December. Mainly because I found great snow pants for the boys at BJ's and I'll be so bummed if they don't get to use them. It has been insanely cold, but this week we had a little teaser of warmer weather. One day after school, everyone headed out with kids and bikes and scooters. We moms huddled together and caught up, pausing occasionally to yell "CAR!" or to admonish someone to get out of the mud. Just as the sun was about to go down, rain came pouring from the sky. The sun was off to the side, casting golden light across the very tops of the trees and houses as it set, and it was so beautiful. Everyone grabbed their riding toys, helmets and babies and took off running for home, and as we headed into ours, soaking and laughing, it occurred to me there must be a rainbow somewhere in those conditions. Sure enough, there was a HUGE one that started in the soccer field across from our house and went right over the house to the neighborhood behind us.
It was glorious. The kids stripped down in the foyer and I threw all three of them into the bathtub. We were all giddy and breathless, and as everyone settled down, Chase looked at me and said, "What a fun day, huh, Mom?" You said it, baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment