Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Turkey Trot

Our friend who threw the fabulous "Pumpkin Run" for the little ones last month threw an even more fabulous Turkey Trot today - the kids ran about 150 yards in the rain and it was SO MUCH FUN. But what really resonated with me today was the importance of letting children experience real joy in their lives. A nice reminder during this time of year when we're supposed to be mindful of what we're thankful for. It has been an interesting year for us, and we have been so very blessed. And up there on the list are all our wonderful friends, many of whom are so good at reminding me to really enjoy my children. So I could have spent the day cleaning and fretting that little hands were messing things up. And my mom is the last person I'd have to make excuses to, so I know she'll understand that this weekend when they come into town for Caroline's baptism, they will have a clean room to sleep in, but there will be toys everywhere, and probably muddy leaves in the foyer. But I'm vowing right now to enjoy this holiday and remember how blessed we really are.

Cole crossing the finish line

Run Coley run!


Cole, Micah and Ella refuel

Examing his medal

Lots of runners!



Guess who fell in the mud . . . surprise surprise

No comments: