Monday, March 30, 2015
I think Raymond pulled it off!
So Ashley turned 45 had a birthday. Her husband Raymond decided to surprise her with a party, and I told him I'd fly down on Amex points. Of course, he eventually had to tell her about the party (but not about me), because it turned out he had to work both days before the party, and someone would need to get the house ready and fetch the stuff for the low country boil. Notice how I throw around 'low country boil.' I actually had to Google it. Anyway, it turns out some of her best local friends would be out of town. So Ashley immediately texted me about how she knew she should be grateful, but she was totally bummed about her friends being out of town, and having to do all the work, etc. It was so very excellent. Especially when I told her I'd come down if only I could afford it and if only Chase didn't have basketball playoffs (which they WON, by the way!!!). The look on her face when I knocked on their door was PRICELESS. But even better was the (painfully, painfully short) time I got to spend with my best friend in the world and her amazing family. To quote Scarlett O'Hara's second husband, Ashley acts just like a tonic on me. Happy birthday, oldest and dearest friend. Get up north VERY soon and see us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment