Friday, April 24, 2015
April
We have been up to excellent things. Caroline's bed (her crib, without sides . . . which was Cole's crib, which was Chase's crib, which was my boss's kids' crib back in 1995 . . .) finally collapsed. She's been sleeping on a crib mattress on the floor, which Chase said "makes her look homeless." Like he has a clue. Then she hung from her curtains, which tore a hole in the wall. I spackled them, painted, Tim rehung them, and they fell again. I spackled again, painted again, and bought her cheap short curtains from Target, and now her room looks like - to quote Steel Magnolias - it was hosed down with Pepto Bismol. She LOVES it.
What else? We wrapped up Spring Break with an impromptu trip to Kings Dominion. Thanks to Uncle Joe's kids for planting that idea in my brain over Easter dinner. It was awesome. We showed up an hour after it opened and stayed until they closed it down.
Easter was beautiful. See if you can find the photobomber in the picture of Caroline and me in our Sunday best.
Chase went to Williamsburg with his class.
Cole attended his first cubing competition, which was life changing for all of us. He now FaceTimes every day with his new bestie, Matteo, who lives in Charlottesville. We'll definitely be attending again in the fall. We had such a special day, just the two of us riding down there with Grandma and Grandpa, while the other kids stayed in Northern VA with Tim to attend to ballet and soccer duties. Nanny came, and Poppy and Granny and Uncle Slade, and Cole was in absolute heaven. He even met a "famous" YouTuber/cuber (aka, unemployed thirty-something?). In any case, a BIG thank you to all the grandparents for that amazing show of love.
The cherry blossoms are in full bloom. Caroline turned SIX. SIX! And she's having a farm party tomorrow which I'm sure will be a blast.
And speaking of farm animals, as most of you know, I'm on a crusade to get goats (I need two acres first), but in the meantime, I'm back in the saddle, and Caroline AND COLE (!) have decided they want to start riding, so they'll start in July. And Caroline expressed a desire for a RABBIT. I decided last Saturday to take her down to the Humane Society because I heard they have them there for adoption. Tim said, "Don't come back with a rabbit." I said, "I'm probably coming back with a rabbit." Really he should consider himself lucky I didn't come back with my goats. Anyway, we went down to the Humane Society, where they are VERY SERIOUS about animal adoption, and made me fill out an application, which takes a week to approve, and said there would be a home visit (WHAT?!) and showed me a pathetic collection of skittish, stinky rabbits. I proceeded to talk myself and Caroline out of it. But as we were walking out, the woman said, "Okay. We have this one rabbit that was brought in a few weeks ago. He's not ready for adoption yet, he's in quarantine for ear mites and hasn't been neutered yet. But everyone's talking about how he's the most loving animal we've ever had." I was all, whatever. Caroline was all YES YES WE WANT TO SEE HIM! So she took us to a room with a glass door, and the most amazing bunny I've ever seen came tearing across the room and put his paws to the glass to get to Caroline. He looked FAKE. He looked like a DISNEY RABBIT. I groaned. The lady said, "What's the matter?" I said, "I WANT HIM." As of today, he's been "fixed" (THAT was fun explaining to the kids), and has had another dose of medicine for ear mites, and may be ready for us as early as next weekend. We are SUPER EXCITED. Ashley says I'm turning into Old McDonald. Maybe Anastasia and I can start a farm with our critters and Johnny's chickens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment