Saturday, February 21, 2015

FeBLAHary

I'm not a fan of February. I want it to hurry up and be gone. The days are too short and the sunlight too rare. Plus, my kids have been to school only a handful of days this month. Which has actually not been that bad, I've enjoyed having them around and not rushing about and doing homework, etc. But we're all getting a little hyper and silly at this point. And right now, this Saturday afternoon, it is snowing hard. All weekend activities - and there were too many of them - have been cancelled, thank goodness. I'm still in my PJs, various children are scattered about in the snow or in front of screens (and I don't care, because so are their parents). We've also been crafting (for school) and baking (I made the best king cake any of us have ever had - which is good because it took FOUR HOURS, but you can find the allergy-free recipe here), and watching a lot of TV. And Cole is now solving all manner of Rubik's cubes in 20 seconds or less, after spending weeks practicing and studying strategies on YouTube and memorizing algorithms.
Just a week until March, just a week until March, just a week until March . . .

No comments: