Sunday, November 03, 2013

November has arrived

As I type, Chase and his buddy Thomas are downstairs playing Xbox, high on s'mores and plotting how they'll stay up all night. We have a four-day weekend for teacher conferences. Tim is off to Montreal for a day or two later this week for work. Football is over, I'll be cooking real dinners again, and the kids can actually go out and play after school . . . for the half hour of daylight that's left each day. But all weekend, surrounded by fall leaves the likes of which I've never seen in Northern Virginia, and snuggled up with the three sweetest little things in the world, I've been just soaking it up. And let's not leave Tim out of the equation. Yesterday at soccer practice, he was showing the girls this little alternating hop thing they'd have to do with the ball as a penalty if he managed to get the ball away from them. His assistant coach, who happens to teach Sunday school with me, said to me, "Are you wondering, like I am, if I'D even be coordinated enough to do that?" I said without thinking, "No, I was thinking how great Tim's legs look when he does that." She was much more embarrassed than I thought was necessary! Seriously, the kids asked me today what I wanted for Christmas. I honestly cannot think of a single thing I don't already have.

No comments: