Daddy has been working like crazy, including all weekend, so the kids and I have been on our own to spend his money on Jukebox music, eat burgers, chase butterflies and generally waste time (in between a little homework, music lessons, sports and church). But we miss him. By the way, that huge bag of flour? I made the mistake of telling my mother I needed some Virginia's Best (I grew up on it - it's grown and ground where Mom lives in Elliston). So naturally she overnighted 25 pounds of it! Not even kidding. But that's not the mistake. I then proceeded to make my children homemade pancakes with the stuff, and now they turn up their noses at Bisquick. "Virginia's Best pancakes, Mom!" I'm an idiot. Oh, and see that boy just below? That's COLE. How did that happen?
Sunday, April 07, 2013
Sunday to Sunday
Daddy has been working like crazy, including all weekend, so the kids and I have been on our own to spend his money on Jukebox music, eat burgers, chase butterflies and generally waste time (in between a little homework, music lessons, sports and church). But we miss him. By the way, that huge bag of flour? I made the mistake of telling my mother I needed some Virginia's Best (I grew up on it - it's grown and ground where Mom lives in Elliston). So naturally she overnighted 25 pounds of it! Not even kidding. But that's not the mistake. I then proceeded to make my children homemade pancakes with the stuff, and now they turn up their noses at Bisquick. "Virginia's Best pancakes, Mom!" I'm an idiot. Oh, and see that boy just below? That's COLE. How did that happen?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment