Finally, we're warm. It wasn't a bad winter in terms of snow (in fact, we could have used more). But it was cold for a LONG time. In the thirties as we headed into April. But finally the sun has bust through, and last night we had our first outdoor meal of the season. And this morning, after I had picked up the kitchen and packed lunches, I settled into a chair on the deck with my breakfast while the kids provided the bubbly atmosphere. I'm so lucky.
And just like yesterday, when the kids get off the bus this afternoon, they'll grab their super soaker water guns and join about twenty (not an exaggeration) other neighborhood kids in a massive water gun war spanning every square inch of our neighborhood and playground. In weeks past, in the cold gray weather, it was Nerf guns. I'd walk Caroline down to Avery's to play and suddenly find myself in a foam rubber crossfire, little snipers dashing from behind bushes and postal boxes. Now it's water guns, and it is SO MUCH FUN. I think it's making Tim wish he were a stay-at-home Dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment