"Hey Nicole, This was so funny I just had to share. I was in the classroom today to help the kids with their journals. One of the prompts was "Your favorite Song". Cole picked his favorite song to write about...do you know what he picked before I say it? Baby Got Back! I kept a straight face but, it was so stinking cute. I did not catch the illustration so you'll have to take a look when we are in the classroom for the Thanksgiving Feast. Baby Got Back was my old roommates favorite song - she knows every word - so it was particularly funny for me! Hope you are doing well & see you next week!" And sure enough, I give you said journal entry. Together with an illustration of a black man (that would be Sir Mix-a-Lot, I assume) dancing on a giant butt. I am SO PROUD of how he's coming along in his reading and writing!
Friday, November 25, 2011
I like BIG BUTTS and I cannot lie . . .
Against my better judgment and only by request of my father and repeated insistent requests by Uncle Jack (which two men have oddly similar senses of humor), I give you an email I received a few weeks ago from Cole's "room mother" in kindergarten:
"Hey Nicole, This was so funny I just had to share. I was in the classroom today to help the kids with their journals. One of the prompts was "Your favorite Song". Cole picked his favorite song to write about...do you know what he picked before I say it? Baby Got Back! I kept a straight face but, it was so stinking cute. I did not catch the illustration so you'll have to take a look when we are in the classroom for the Thanksgiving Feast. Baby Got Back was my old roommates favorite song - she knows every word - so it was particularly funny for me! Hope you are doing well & see you next week!" And sure enough, I give you said journal entry. Together with an illustration of a black man (that would be Sir Mix-a-Lot, I assume) dancing on a giant butt. I am SO PROUD of how he's coming along in his reading and writing!
"Hey Nicole, This was so funny I just had to share. I was in the classroom today to help the kids with their journals. One of the prompts was "Your favorite Song". Cole picked his favorite song to write about...do you know what he picked before I say it? Baby Got Back! I kept a straight face but, it was so stinking cute. I did not catch the illustration so you'll have to take a look when we are in the classroom for the Thanksgiving Feast. Baby Got Back was my old roommates favorite song - she knows every word - so it was particularly funny for me! Hope you are doing well & see you next week!" And sure enough, I give you said journal entry. Together with an illustration of a black man (that would be Sir Mix-a-Lot, I assume) dancing on a giant butt. I am SO PROUD of how he's coming along in his reading and writing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment