Some inspiring stories to go with this:
1. Last week, Caroline and I were driving home from Costco, when the cell phone rang. It was Pat calling to discuss various weekend logistics. I hung up, and said, mostly to myself, "That was Grandma." Caroline said, "Oh, I love Grandma." I laughed, and said, "Oh yeah? Who else do you love?" She said, "Um. Let me fink . . . I love hot dogs." This made me laugh harder. So I said, "Okay, but who else do you love?" She 'finked' for another minute and said, "I love chocolate!" I give up. Hopefully I'm at least in the top five.
2. Anastasia's already heard this story. Cole and Caroline and I were walking up to the grocery store when Caroline asked, "Where's Straro?" (Caroline's nickname for a friend & neighbor with whom my daughter has a love affair). I said, "Well, her girls got on the bus so she's probably out at Target or running some errands." Cole was quiet a minute and said, "Poor Mrs. Cannistraro. Her kids aren't babies anymore, so she has no one to play with after the bus stop." My heart caught in my throat. All those stupid times I've thought "One day, I'll have a whole day to myself." Then Cole said, as though reading my mind, "That will happen to you when me and Caroline start kindergarten. You won't have anyone to play with." There are no words.
No comments:
Post a Comment