Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A visit to southwest Virginia

The kids and I jumped into the car Sunday morning for a rather impromptu trip down to Elliston to visit Nanny, Grandaddy and the gang. We made such good time going down that I detoured into Roanoke to show the kids where I grew up and went to school. It had been years and years since I'd been to Roanoke. I had forgotten how beautiful it is where I grew up. The winding hilly streets of my old neighborhood, lined with huge trees and old houses, brought back so many memories. We finally made our way to Nanny's house where the kids got healthy doses of country air, good Southern food and time with beautiful cousins - and another on the way!

























I must confess to you that the best photos up there were taken by Grandaddy, who thankfully gave me a CD of his shots. And we came home to our tree in full bloom!

No comments: