It started this morning when the younger kids and I were walking back from the bus stop. I had just commented to a neighbor that our beautiful tree would be dropping all its blooms soon, and Tim would be out there shoveling them away. That's when I noticed a dove, pacing the sidewalk in front of our house. I pointed it out to the kids. Convinced Caroline that no, she could not pet it.
Then when Caroline and I headed out again later to see a neighbor, he was still down there pacing. And it occurred to me. His mate must be in the tree. Is it not enough to have such gorgeous blooms mere feet from my front door? But to spend the next few weeks watching these doves build their family . . . what a gift.
Nervous father pacing. Bird or man, nothing changes.
No comments:
Post a Comment