The boys and I road-tripped down to Richmond yesterday while a sick Caroline stayed home with Daddy. In typical fashion, Anastasia set the bar even higher, throwing an absolutely adorable party for Jay. Tim and I made stupid jokes about the Indian theme (Could I try out some of the new Bollywood moves I'm learning in my exercise class? While Tim was home, should he do some computer programming in honor of the Indians?). Anastasia graciously ignored us, and it was a great time. And all those boys were quite, er . . . NATIVE . . . with some very physical football and soccer games in the backyard, but there were no serious injuries, and it got a lot of excess energy out. Jay and Chase bonded like crazy, and of course started a band under the tee pee. And speaking of tee pees, I was most impressed that Jim Jr. made it himself with bamboo he cut from his own yard and a tarp. Who said lawyers are soft? Thanks, Aunt Anastasia, for a great evening! We can't wait for you to throw yet another boy into the mix.
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Jay turns seven!
The boys and I road-tripped down to Richmond yesterday while a sick Caroline stayed home with Daddy. In typical fashion, Anastasia set the bar even higher, throwing an absolutely adorable party for Jay. Tim and I made stupid jokes about the Indian theme (Could I try out some of the new Bollywood moves I'm learning in my exercise class? While Tim was home, should he do some computer programming in honor of the Indians?). Anastasia graciously ignored us, and it was a great time. And all those boys were quite, er . . . NATIVE . . . with some very physical football and soccer games in the backyard, but there were no serious injuries, and it got a lot of excess energy out. Jay and Chase bonded like crazy, and of course started a band under the tee pee. And speaking of tee pees, I was most impressed that Jim Jr. made it himself with bamboo he cut from his own yard and a tarp. Who said lawyers are soft? Thanks, Aunt Anastasia, for a great evening! We can't wait for you to throw yet another boy into the mix.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment