I haven't blogged or posted pictures since Fall 2015. I could blame it on Cole's Moveable Feast, but I didn't launch that, or even really think about the possibility of that, until March 4, 2016. That date was a huge one for me on many levels. Every now and then, I think about getting all the pictures from my phone and Facebook from the last ten months and uploading them here, or even trying to add a little written something about the experiences represented by those photos.
But I've decided not to. I've decided it's time to set this blog aside, like one of our photo albums. There are lots of reasons behind this, many of them deeply personal. And my kids are all of an age where they don't particularly appreciate being photographed and displayed. I may return to blogging about the family some day, but not now. I love going back and looking over these memories, and perhaps I'll regret that there's nothing here after November. But I have all the pictures on Shoebox and Facebook and Instagram ~ they're all there when we want to see them. I don't feel the need to chronicle the last year, however. I want to move forward . . . with my husband and my children, to focus on us and CMF and just live our imperfect, authentic, blessed lives.

No comments:
Post a Comment