I wish I could write better about all of this. That to look back over these couple months of pictures, spanning the warm early days of September through Halloween, makes my stomach knot with something like nostalgia but much more intense, and I don't know if it's a good feeling or a bad feeling (and maybe that is sometimes the point). That these pictures remind me that the lives we see on the Internet look deceivingly perfect, and maybe there's some responsibility that comes with that . . . and that we need to remember that and take breaks from the Internet and not always say "fine" when people ask how we're doing. That I had to snap those picture of the sun rising at the end of my jog one day because it's how I'll remember that I sometimes find myself weeping at the end of those runs with bittersweet release. That I hate the sun going down at 5:00 pm, that I really truly hate and dread it. And that if Ashley Waldvogel wasn't on this earth, I'd lose my mind.







No comments:
Post a Comment