Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A First

I have not decorated for Christmas. So what? Normal people would not decorate for Christmas in mid-November. But I've always jumped the gun, wanted to rush right into the holidays before the bulging Halloween sacks have even been moved off the kitchen counter. But for the first time in a decade, I'm just not in a hurry. I think it has something to do with the speed of summer. We went from swim team straight into football, which was incredibly consuming, and that just ended the first week of November. Suddenly I realized I hadn't accomplished much (piano lessons for Cole, anyone?) and that we need to wear coats outside. And that I can cook dinner again. So while we're listening to Christmas music, and watching The Grinch from time to time, we haven't dragged out the six oversized Christmas storage containers yet. I think I'll relish autumn for a few more weeks. As for today, the day before Thanksgiving, I have coffee, and young kids underfoot, and a Gone With the Wind marathon on AMC. What could be better?















No comments: