Thursday, May 10, 2012

What stage fright?

You know Cole, right? The kid who almost didn't go to his own sixth birthday party because when his father pulled up with him at the party place, he realized he'd be the center of attention among 20 children, so he climbed in the back seat and burst into panicked tears? The kid who insisted on joining the church choir, dressed himself to the nines, sport coat included, on Palm Sunday and then refused to enter the sanctuary with the other kids who were singing in front of the congregation that day? The kid who made us drop $135 on soccer and insisted his father coach, who happily goes to practices but refuses to play in the games? And the only reason he'll do a swim meet is because he's under water and can't hear all the people who are watching and cheering? Well, today was the kindergarten "Spring Medley" and Cole was due to sing a song about Martin Luther King Jr. with his friend Carter. No way. Not gonna happen. I was fully prepared for the panicked retreat. Well, I showed up a few minutes early to get a good seat, siblings and post-performance snacks in tow, only to see Cole up on stage before the show belting out Dynamite with a couple friends. I almost fell over on the spot. Luckily, they did just a little more so I could capture it. So while he was super cute singing about the great peace-loving minister, this is the song I had to post:

No comments: