Chase, Riley and Jackson waiting for another drillTuesday, July 21, 2009
Swimming
Well, thank goodness I have friends who take pictures at swim team and meets, because my camera finally broke. I picked up a new one, but haven't had time to learn how to use it with all the craziness around here. Tim threw out his back Friday night and is still in a great deal of pain - I honestly don't know what I would have done without my mom, who dropped her very busy life on a moment's notice Sunday morning and drove four hours to spend a few days with us and help me out. Tim is terribly frustrated, and I've been less than nurturing while chasing after the kids on very little sleep. One bright spot in all of this came last night - Mom kept the little ones (and cooked dinner!) while I took Chase to a swim meet. Previous swim meets have been a challenge, because they're in the evenings, when Caroline is generally fussy and wants to be held, and Cole is tired, bored and irritated he can't get in the pool. So it was such a treat for Chase and me to be alone . . . and he won his heat! I have no idea what his time was or what his final placement was, because I scooped him up and headed home to relieve Mom, but we should find out Friday at practice. I was so proud of him, not because he won (though that was definitely thrilling) but because he has worked incredibly hard this summer on swimming. Last Friday, several of us moms shook our heads in wonder at the kids, long after swim practice had ended, swimming laps together in the pool. They're truly inspiring.
Chase, Riley and Jackson waiting for another drill
Chase, Riley and Jackson waiting for another drill
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment