Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The bunnies






The best part of summer so far is the bunny family in the backyard, and I can't get a decent picture to save my life. It started with this big fat brown rabbit that has become VERY comfortable eating all the weeds that are my backyard. He doesn't even mind if we're back there, and it is a SMALL yard. Chase named him Charlie. Someone had given Chase one of those "Make Your Own Garden Stone" kits for his birthday, so he made a sign, prompted by Tim, that says "Charlie's Kitchen." Yesterday, we're down in the playroom and I went out to water the . . . weeds. Something little dashed over my feet and through the fence. "Please, don't let that be a rat," I prayed. An hour later, we were playing inside, when I spotted it - the baby bunny. And there was Charlie, standing guard at the gate. And then the mother appeared from behind one of the riding toys. It was incredible. The boys ran to the sliding glass door and, of course, started banging. I swear, that mother and baby hopped RIGHT UP TO THE DOOR and stood there looking at Chase and Cole with the same level of interest! Cole was screaming "BAY-BEE! BAY-BEE! BAY-BEE!" I almost started crying, it was so cool. Anyway, no photographic proof of the rabbits yet, but there are some recent pictures of the boys. Cole stood up and walked out of the kitchen on May 31 - like he had been doing it for months. So life has changed DRASTICALLY.

No comments: